Several individuals believe that they do not have the means to purchase a home. Unknown to them, this isn’t true. At Supreme Lending, our aim is to help facilitate your mortgage financing needs. We help you understand the loan process and get you prepared towards owning your home. Whenever you need loan to purchase a home, we are the ideal mortgage lender in Nashville, TN that you can always turn to.
What Are Mortgage Lenders?
Mortgage lenders are entities that provide financing for the purchase of real estate. They are companies or financial institutions that specialize in lending money to borrowers for the purpose of purchasing homes. They have specific borrowing guidelines to verify the creditworthiness of potential borrowers and set the terms, interest rate, repayment schedule and other key aspects of a mortgage.
How Do Mortgage Lenders Work?
Mortgage lenders operate in different ways. The direct mortgage lenders are mostly large institutions that create their own guidelines for mortgage loans. They may work in the wholesale arena or provide mortgage loans to consumers through a banker or a broker. They may also deal directly with the borrower on the retail side. In any case, they provide mortgage loans through the following steps:
- They receive applications from the potential borrowers
- They go through such information as the income of the applicant, the property the applicant wishes to buy, and the credit rating of the applicant
- When they are satisfied with the creditworthiness and the applicant accepts their interest rate, they forward the loan to the applicant who becomes the borrower
- The borrower pays off the loan including the interest in installments over a period of time
- If all goes well, the borrower owns the house after paying off but in case of default of the loan, the mortgage lender can originate foreclosure of the property to recover losses.
Are Mortgage Lenders Better Than Banks?
While many feel more comfortable borrowing from banks, there are others that prefer mortgage lenders. There is no need to categorically state that one is better than the other but here is a highlight of the advantages mortgage lenders offer:
- Mortgage lenders can offer lower rates and costs
- Mortgage lenders are able to offer faster refinancing timelines than banks
- Mortgage lenders have access to a wider range of loan products
- Your loan can close faster when you work with a mortgage lender.
What Documents Do I Need To Apply For A Mortgage?
The number of documents you will need to apply for a mortgage will depend on your unique situation. The major documents that are required include:
- Tax returns
- Pay studs, w-2s or other proof of income
- Bank statement and proof of other assets
- Credit history
- Gift letters
- Photo ID
- Renting history.
Contact Us Today!
Do you need a mortgage loan to finance your home purchase? Contact us today at Supreme Lending. Our trusted experts will be available to speak with you and discuss the loan options available to you. We are the reliable mortgage lender in Nashville, TN, you can always turn to for your mortgage loans.Mortgage Lender Nashville
View Larger Map
We welcome your comments!
Regional Branch Manager
3325 Aspen Grove Drive, Suite 204
Franklin, TN 37067